View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:09 AM   #170
Radii
Head Coach

League Cup 1st Round Draw

We're going to be hosting Charlton from the Coca Cola Championship in the first round, a home game will help the finances at least. This will be August 14th, pretty darn early.

With that, I go over and check on on the expectations:

League: Avoid Relegation

FA Cup: Reach the First Round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: We aren't expected to win a game here

League Cup: We aren't expected to win a game here either.

July 13th, 2013

Fulham @ Woking - Friendly

The goal here is to run around some and not get hurt. They score in the 33rd minute. Harsanyi out wide left in the 41st minute, he crosses into the area, Anson Cousins is there and heads it by the keeper for a goal! We sub everyone out at the half that we can, and give up two goals in the second half. The last time we played in a friendly we lost 7-0. I'll take 3-1.

Woking 1 : 3 Fulham

-- Woking announces a loss of $425,000 for the last financial year, a worrying 20% of their turnover. We'll see if that comes to anything. The past year we basically broke even and it was almost entirely due to making the playoffs.

Free Transfer Signing

Welcome Christian Smith to the squad. Smith is a 25 year old who can play DC, DMC and MC nearly equally well. I'm bringing him in to be a central defender. He doesn't really have the pace that I want from a midfielder, though that ability might give me some flexability.

Smith is strong and a good leaper (16 str/14 jumping). He's determined, aggresive and brave, good off the ball, good positioning. Good heading, good tackling, decent marking. With Nick Fenton aging and Aswad Thomas showing long stretches of poor play, I wanted to bring in a new DC. I'd first looked at a loaner but i'm very pleased with this as well.

Smith is going to make $1200/wk.

July 16

GH Academy @ Woking - Friendly

We give up an early goal, never really threaten aside from a couple long shots by Harsanyi, but avoid injury.

Woking 0 : 1 GH Academy

That'll do for tonight.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote