View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 07:42 AM   #380
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, we come up with a solid Plan B at RB signing 5th year veteran Alexis Prior. I got lucky there - nobody met his asking price when he had preferred to sign, so i came in a bit low but bonus-heavy, and got him to agree for under $20m/yr. He comes off a season of 1447 yards on 5.27 ypc, so he should be able to fill the need there.

In late round one, I grab a LB to fill an urgent need. My pinhead scouts thought he was a mirage, but I didn't have a great option - the guy I coveted deeply went two picks ahead of my selection, naturally. Round two included two picks I don't love, a FB/TE and a pass-rusher, both likely reaches but I was out of pocket all day and unable to attend to my ranking list, or try to swing a trade.

Had a potential big trade in the works (my whole draft for an earlier 1st to grab a great-fit RB/WR but it fell through on timing). In retrospect, I really wish that had worked out - this team really, really needs a 70/70 receiver more than a 65/65 LB and a pile of fluff.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote