View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 06:06 PM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Just curious,
Whats the Euro Cup Also, how do reserve teams work compare to loaning players out? One option better then the other? Can you control the reserve/youth teams and what teams do they play against?

The Euro Cup is a prestigious tournament (not as prestigious as the European Championship Cup) that places various top teams from leagues throughout Europe against each other. Typically the top 4 EPL teams play in the European Championship Cup while the next 3 or so play in the Euro Cup. Since Manchester United finished out of the top 4, but in the next 3 in the EPL last year, this is the tournament they ended up in.

You can't schedule the main reserve/youth squad games, but you can arrange friendlies for them. If you are sending a player out to a good team, it is probably better to loan them out. However, if you are sending a player out to a team with poor training facilities or a poor staff, it is better to just keep them IMHO. My new young striker will not be loaned, unless it is to a top notch team in the European Championship. I'll get him plenty of PT on my reserve squad as well as some first team football.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote