View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 08:50 PM   #519
Christomir
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
1. I'm not sure whether the League Cup or FA cup is more prestigious. Hopefully someone else can answer that. The Community Shield is a prestigious friendly match that is televised that matches two of the top teams from the EPL each year. I think it might match the League Cup winner versus the Division winner, but I'm not sure.

If someone has answered it later or you have found out the facts yourself, excuse my useless post:

Of course the FA Cup is more prestigious! In fact, it is the oldest soccer competition in the world!

The Community Shield is not a friendly match - it's an official one-game competition (a Super Cup, which almost every nation has; and there is a European Super Cup as well, as I am sure you have already found out by winning the Champions League later in this dynasty, hence qualifying to play in Monaco against the winner of the UEFA Cup) It matches the EPL champion against the FA Cup winner from the previous season. That means it's not necessarily two teams from the EPL - if a lower league team happens to win the FA Cup (which is highly unlikely, but theoretically possible - I'm not sure about England, but I know it has happened quite a few times in the French Cup), then it will be only one team from the EPL
Christomir is offline   Reply With Quote