View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 04:09 AM   #411
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Either way, it's not surprising, without code for recognizing a no-hitter or perfect game. I'm sure there's always a chance that a guy who has thrown 7 innings will get yanked for a pinch hitter, no matter how small that chance. (And if you're using an MLB setup, I believe the "remove for pinch hitter" setting is "Very Often.") Dice roll...

AI didn't pinch hit for him, it pinch-ran for him. Just watched the replay, there's no mention of an injury in the PbP. No mention of an injury in the box or log, either. It just...pulled him for a pinch runner. I don't see an option for 'pinch run for,' either at the macro or the micro level.

Just had a similar (but not quite the same) repeat with Kershaw, but in this case, if you look at Kershaw's line, it's easy to imagine what happened here.

Pitched 7 hitless innings, he's been walking guys, but the manager lets him go out, figuring he'll give up a hit, get his ovation, and go to the showers.

Instead, he strikes out the first two batters and gets the third to ground weakly to short, and now he's thrown almost 120 pitches, and the manager has to make an honest-to-God decision: pull the youngster for his health, or make the home crowd happy?

He used the hook. Given the situation, I can justify that in a way that makes sense. I still can't find any way the Kuroda thing a) makes sense, or b) is in my control at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kershaw.jpg (19.8 KB, 289 views)
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote