View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 04:41 PM   #363
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

2240, Part I

2240.01.13 -- Report for Aslik Deesh in Marath, investigated the anomaly left there ...

The planet is an arid type anyway, meaning we would need to advance to be able to colonize such worlds and send the Shantari. However, it appears that this will never be possible -- there's literally nowhere to land.

Unless some way is found to clear space for a colony ship, which would be well beyond our present capabilities, Marath II will never be developed.

02.01 -- Debris analysis finished in Dawcan. Again the same results were found, completing research on Regenerative Hull Tissue(and actually causing an 'overflow' issue where it tried to start researching again from the start, but changing the research project resolved that). Further progress on Red Crystal Capacitors as well(physics).

Research Director's Briefing: Dr. David Corperial

Well, it's been a whole month.

** Xeno Diplomacy(Statecraft, 40 mo.) -- Unlocks the Form Federation diplomatic option. We have found nobody willing to ally with us as of yet.
** Epigenetic Triggers(Biology, 40 mo.) -- Unlocks Uplift mission for observation stations. With this, species close to being sentient(perhaps the Wacegi in the Pavagh system would qualify, I haven't personally used this mechanic before) can be genetically modified and socially integrated into our empire. More slaves FTW??
** Planetary Unification(Statecraft, 11 mo.) -- +1 monthly influence. Also unlocks the Planetary Edict of Propaganda Broadcasts(+10% happiness for 10 years). This would be useful for low-happiness planets -- while things on Micaw are beyond this mattering, using this on low-habitability worlds could make a difference.
** Amoeba Breeding Program(Biology, 34% completed, 27/79 mo.) -- Unlocks Amoeba Flagella, a 'strike craft' of sorts which we have no ship or station capable of housing presently. I should also note that there is yet one more group of space amoebas that we will be fighting in the near future, and we may progress further in this project as a result of that.

Dr. David Corperial, you are on the clock again.

Next up, a sizable briefing with details on the present situation.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote