Thread: Severe Weather
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 07:23 AM   #444
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Yeah, NPR (which I listen to on the way to work) has had a number of good stories about propane shortages this winter.

That explains a lot, flere.

"{British Accent}In other news....propane usage is up this winter and global warming continues to wreak havoc on winter forcing its widespread use in the north. Now we will interview a French Canadien (a decent substitute for a down-trodden American by NPR standards) who has a baby that is clearly crying due to lack of government subsidies..."

'I have no propane left. My husband used it all to grill venison last fall for his football matches. I've asked the government for help but there is none to be had.'

"Terrible, but the Obama administration has been working at a fevers pace to correct this shortage, which of course could have been avoided had President Bush not signed into law a declaration 10 years ago demanding that charcoal be used for grilling steaks. Democrats fought this initiative by suggesting that propane was 'good enough' for grilling steaks but that wasn't enough. Demand for propane has since plummeted and now hard working Democrats and their coalitions have been left out in the cold. Thanks, Bush. {NPR-styled chuckle}"

"And now to sport...where Manchester United took on...oh wait, and now on to American football, my apologies...{/British Accent}"

Last edited by Dutch : 01-24-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote