View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 09:41 PM   #294
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
An e-mail like that seems like it's sent after an incident, not just a casual reminder.

It's been awhile but I don't remember alcohol ever being served at little league games. I'm sure folks snuck some beers into coolers but I don't remember anyone getting drunk and causing a scene.

It was rare at LL games when my son played. Of course most of his games were either on a school night or he has a showtime of 7am or 9am for a Saturday game. Now once he made the All Star team and we went to the LL tournament games, yeah lots of drinking and drunkenness went on there but even then most of that was at the hotel. Most of the scene making appeared to be mostly sober behavior.

We did have a guy "sneaking" alcoholic drinks during the game on our HS Senior Night. By "sneaking" I mean obviously pouring three drops of alcohol at a time from a mini bar sized bottle while looking around two or three times to see if anyone was looking. He did not cause a scene that night but he did passed out in the car and could not walk with his son and the rest of the family during the after game senior ceremonies.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote