View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #107
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvarino View Post
Hi,

I have just found this table relating to the combines and since i am new to the game wondered if it still applies in FOF8 and if so just how much emphasis i should place on the combine results opposed to the bars?

I have just started my 1st career in SP other than a fast sim to get to grips with the basics of the game, the combine correlation is set to default (50) so i have been trying to match good bars from scouting (my scouts are pretty poor so the bars are not likely to be very accurate) with combines below these thresholds, along with high static bars listed in another thread i found.

So far though it seems to be any half decent players i find is more down to pure luck than anything else, but i hope that's due to my lack of experience and a small sample size which will improve over time.

Also could i ask if the combines have any relevance after the draft/1st season as i didn't note any down but i think they changed for all players before the start of the new season in the quick sim i did?
There is no reason to think the relationship isn't still there between ratings and combine scores, but as you mentioned already, the combine correlation setting determines how much more off the combine scores will be from being a clear tell or a randomly generated good score. The manual suggests that a setting of 50 will be similar to what it used to be in previous FOF version(s).

(as far as I know) all non-rookie combine scores are 'measured' at the start of the new season, which means for all the veteran players, these will be based on their start of off-season ratings (which is pretty much the same thing as the end of the previous season). After training camp and pre-season week 2, the randomness factors will possibly alter the ratings and as a result the combine scores (which won't be remeasured) will be slightly more off than they already were due to the randomness factor and the combine correlation setting.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote