View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 03:44 PM   #211
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, here is how I would see the trade scenario working:

1.) Pass is the herbalist, wolf decides to claim herbalist and see if he can remove herbalist from game.
- Hang Pass (herbalist), reveal indicates he is herbalist, and wolf is next
- Hang 2nd herbalist, reveal indicates he is herbalist, Pass is next
- There are two herbalists?
Assuming that there is only one herbalist (I think this is pretty safe assumption) then I don't think there is much reward in this play for the wolves. They are already short numbers at the start of a WW game, too early for them to swap even if it is a key role.

2.) Pass is herbalist, is unchallenged today
- We collectively believe him, lynch someone else. At some point we have to ultimately decide if we believe him or not ...
- Real herbalist tries to lead a movement against Pass without revealing he is herbalist, we hang Pass and he is revealed to be a wolf. The crowd goes wild.

3.) Pass is herbalist, another villager claims to be herbalist
- we hang both, are down 2-0
- we condemn 2nd person claiming to be herbalist even more than first person
- or one of them was the cunning wolf, although the cunning wolf trading himself at this point makes very little sense to me

Blade, let me know if I'm missing anything in terms of a 2-0 scenario. I just don't see where anyone who IS NOT THE HERBALIST challenges Passacaglia today. And this is not advocating that the unknown herbalist should challenge the wolf Passacaglia if they think they can keep the bandwagon on Pass without having to make the reveal. I don't see us being down 2-0 based on a 2nd herbalist reveal, but maybe I'm missing something.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote