Thread: 2020 MLB thread
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #416
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

The more I see of this the more MLB is negligent. (To no one's surprise.) inquirer.com/phillies/miami-marlins-coronavirus-outbreak-phillies-mlb-season-20200727.html I'm no CDC expert, but you know who should have been quarantined pending testing? EVERYONE WHO WAS ON A PLANE AND IN A CLUBHOUSE TOGETHER WITH THE INFECTED PEOPLE.

The one silver lining I'm seeing is that none of the Phillies have tested positive even though it's basically a guarantee they played a game against multiple COVID-positive players. That tracks with the science we've seen indicating being in a confined space (like say, a plane, or a clubhouse) is really bad, but being outside with extremely minimal surface contact is safe. Football & basketball definitely have more close contact, but that's still good for the risk of cross-contamination.

I mostly agree with this, though I'd feel a lot better about the accuracy of the testing in about a week or 10 days, what with the incubation period and all.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote