View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Also, I'd be interested in hearing from people who played in the first game. This might not be the place to clutter up with it, but if people want to share any thoughts or advice on how things worked, or what was good, what was bad, etc. I've read though parts of the thread at times, but would love to have a better sense of what to expect when designing a character and pondering an approach.

I don;t mind this at all, but a lot of things changed. For example, priest had their HP cut from 8 per level to 6 per level. They can no longer use a shield. Similarly, assassins gained the poison ability. Warriors are now Myrmidons, and can use a bow. Kensai were monks, but now they are pumped a little, because no one used Monks last time. Wizards were amped to battle mage and have more HP and better weapon selection. Bards have worse weapon selection. wizard magic has changed completely from last time. Dwarves now only have double chance for detection of a secret door rather than triple chance. Infravision is changed due to the introduction of torches. Many classes are new - Druid, Ranger and the introduction of bows, Lay Healer, Sorcerer, Berserker, and we have new races - Flame-Kin and more

So, lots of changes!

I wanted it to be different and yet the same, if that made sense. So go ahead and talk of previous experience with classes and races, which I encourage, but this Dungeon is not the same as the last one.......

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote