View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 08:21 AM   #5584
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I keep hearing how this is a turning point and things are going to change. I think that's awfully naive, but more importantly, I think it simply ignores the unique aspects of this particular crime. Not only was it middle of the day, and not only was it filmed from multiple angles, but it basically happened in slow motion. In murder trials involving strangulation, a very effective device is to demonstrate how long it takes to strangle someone. It's not like in the movies/TV - it takes several minutes to choke the life out of someone. You basically had the same thing here.

This was not a pursuit, it wasn't dark, it didn't involve a split-second decision to use a gun, etc. This was a guy kneeling on a neck for 9 minutes as everyone watched a man slowly expire. The circumstances and the technology to capture what happened convicted Chauvin, not "social pressure." Cops will continue to get the benefit of the doubt in other circumstances, I'm certain of it.

yeah that's why i was wondering allowed...haven't we been through this before? Weren't there cops charged with murder before?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote