View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 04:45 AM   #101
Radii
Head Coach

-- August 31st, Sept 4th and Sept 11th, we're going to have 3 of our players called up to U21 matches. Lynch and Martin both to the scottish team and Stelios Nikolaou to the Cyprus U21 team.

-- Harry Arter is named to the league's team of the week.

-- The BS Premier match between Woking and Southport originally scheduled for Sept 1st has been moved to Sept 19th due to international callups. The Woking vs Gateshead match scheduled for Sept 11th is moved to Oct 9th. I would rather play with a reserve keeper, but no one asked me. Both rescheduled games will cause me hell. I believe we now have ELEVEN matches in a row on 4 days rest or less, with these two matches slid nicely into holes that were supposed to give us a break.

-- Nick Fenton is injured in training. He'll be out about 2 weeks. He and Mike Williams are both out for now.

-- Stelios Nikolaou starts for Cyprus U21's and plays 47 minutes, picking up a 6.8 rating in a win over Croatia.

September notes

-- Curtis Main plays 3 matches, scores 2 goals and picks up an assist, avg rating of 8.05, good for 3rd for the league's player of the month.

-- Joe O'Sullivan plays 5 matches, earning 4 assists and 2 man of the match awards, avg rating of 7.68, on his way to the Young Player of the Month award in the league!

-- I am 3rd in manager of the month.

-- The board is Satisfied with my coaching job so far this year. Our win over Stevenage is a high point. Our loss to chelmsford is the low point.

Injury Update

On the same day that we get the good news that Mike Williams has resumed full training, Aswad Thomas reports some discomfort in training and tests show he has damaged cartilage in one of his knees. This injury is going to keep him out for 6-7 weeks. Doh!

September 8th, 2012

Woking (3-1-1, 10th) @ Darlington (0-2-4, 22nd)

We've played one less match, and we're only e points out of 3rd. We are pick'em favorites on the road today. Our keepers are not back and available for the match today. Also, AMR McLaggon is off with the Welsh U21 team, I missed the notice about that one. :P

In our history we are 1-2-2 against Darlington. Last year we tied at home and won on the road.

Our lineup with injuries and U21 matches having an impact:

GK: Matt Pegler (reserve GK)
DEF: Miquel/Fenton/Williams/Ricketts
MC: O'Sullivan/Pulis
AM: Bennett/Ademola
ST: Harsanyi/Subotic

17': Pegler makes his first save, a nice diving stop of a clear cut chance. Darlington is dominating play so far, 4 shots, and every break for a highlight shows them charging into our end.

28': They have 8 shots, we have zero.

34': Darlington earns their second clear cut chance on a through ball, its taken really poorly and Pegler stops it.

43': midfielder yeoman finally breaks through for Darlington, he cuts into the middle and is unmarked as we are defending their strikers up front, easy shot. 0-1

45': Bennett cross, Subotic header, its saved and put behind for a corner... our first shot of the match.

46': Ademola runs up the right side, crosses hard into the box, Harsanyi runs on to it and directs it into the net! 1-1

HALF: Thrilled to have this thing 1-1. Their average rating is 6.74, ours 6.39. They have 11 shots, 5 on target, and 3 clear cut chances. We have 2 shots total.

47': O'Sullivan to Harsanyi in the left side of the area... its not taken well though, listed a clear cut chance and Harsanyi really didn't put it close to the net.

56': I change to a control strategy. they are just turtling and trying to counter from what I can tell when we have the ball.

65': O'Sullivan with a yellow

72': Defender Hewitson a yellow for Darlington

81': Anane in for Ademola, Sloma in for Bennett, Main in for Subotic. I switch to a standard 4-4-2 to support those subs.

86': Miquel is hurt, he can stay in but his fitness is under 50%, we'll see after the match...

Darlington 1 : 1 Woking

I'll take a tie on the road there, that was a scary match to watch, and Pegler did wonderful in goal. They ended up with 14 shots, 6 on target, 3 clear cut chances. We had 5 shots, 3 on target, 1 clear cut chance.

Zoltan Harsanyi earns man of the match with the only goal today and a 7.9 rating.

Ademola has the assist for a 7.1 rating. Ricketts (7.1) and Miquel (7.2) stand out as well.

No long term injury for Miquel. The fans are disappointed by the draw.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote