View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 02:03 AM   #118
Radii
Head Coach

-- "After weeks of sustained transfer speculation, Zoltan Harsanyi has said that he has learned to ignore the media and concentrate on playing for Woking" I hope so buddy!

-- A key match has been postponed. We were due to host #2 Crawley on november 17th, but our field is waterlogged and the match is moved to December 5th.

November 24th, 2012

Working(11-5-3, 3rd) @ York(8-10-2, 5th)

We're 0-0-2 against York, both matches two seasons ago. This is another big match against a playoff contender. They won the playoffs two years ago but immediately got relegated back down out of league 2.

2': O'Sullivan places a ball to Subotic well outside the area. He beats his man, heads to the penalty area, draws the defense and finds Harsanyi, Harsanyi with a clear cut chance... saved.

13': A counter attack.. long ball from Harsanyi to Subotic, he takes it into the area, he goes down, no penalty given.

16': A nice ball to an onrunning midfielder, Hopcutt leads to a clear cut strike and goal for York. 0-1

25': Midfielder McCraken holds Harsanyi on a header attempt, yellow for him.

31': Harsanyi with a great pass to Subotic cutting in from the right side of the area. Subotic with our second clear cut chance, a great look, off the post.

38': Bennett with a foul trying to win the ball back in the attack.

42': After we clear a corner attempt they head the ball back up, a strike is taken from 20 yards out, bending more than i've seen any shot bend at this level... holy crap impressive, goal. 0-2

47': Free kick from 25 yards out. Another great strike, bending by the wall and going right by Lynch. 0-3

I was in defensive or counter the entire half and they simply owned me. cousins in for a tiring/not fully fit still Subotic.

58': missed interception by York allows O'Sullivan ot place a great through ball to McLaggon who beats the keeper! 1-3

77': Anane in for Ricketts.

84': A quick counter, McLaggon to O'Sullivan, back to McLaggon, he places a great shot from the left edge of the 6 yard box to the far right corner of the net by the keeper!! 2-3

89': Herd in for Pulis.

95': We bring Lynch forward for a desparation attempt on a corner, they clear it out and get a long ball and put the ball into the net before the whistle is blown. 2-4

York 4 : 2 Woking

This was closer than it seemed. They had two long strikes that were just perfect... maybe they're really that much more talented than us but I dunno... They outshot us by a lot in the first half, but i was goign for the counter. We generated two clear cut chances in the first half and didn't finish either. It could have been a very different game.

Alas, two goals for McLaggon earns him an 8.8 rating. 2 assists and key passes all over for O'Sullivan earns him a 9.0 and man of the match. Harsanyi (5.4), Ricketts (5.8) and Miquel(5.8) were just bad today sadly.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote