View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #137
Radii
Head Coach

February 20th, 2013

Woking (22-7-5, 1st) @ Alfreton(15-6-13, 12th)

Our only meeting ever was the one back in September where I took a 3-0 lead into halftime at home and ended up with a 3:3 draw. Still have a bad taste in my mouth about that one, and will be looking to make up for it. We're 5:4 road favorites here.

My lineup doesn't really look like one set out for revenge. O'Sullivan and Harsanyi both have the day off:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Miquel/Williams/Fenton/Anane
MC: Pulis/Arter
AM: Bennett/Ademola
ST: Subotic/Main

11': Arter with a pass to Main, we've been threatening for a few minutes now non stop, Main turns by two defenders with a great move into the area, but he can't beat the keeper.

14': Clear cut chance for Alfreton, I'm not sure how it happened but they got a man behidn our defense... great save for Lynch.

19': Corner for us, its taken long to the far post, the keeper dives out for it and misses, but Main puts a header over the bar instead of into the empty net.

23': A run down the right sideline for alfreton, a nice cross into the 6 yard box, Matthew Wright runs on to it and heads it in. 0-1

25': We try to strike back immediately, Arter to main, Main is free in the area! Clear cut strike #2 for him... wide left. ugh.

47': Anane goes down hard after a tackle... he has to come out of the match immediately. Anthony Pulis is the only one who can come remotely close to playing DR.. Pulis moves to DR, Herd in for Anane, Herd MC.

HALF: Main is having a terrible game, and no one else is really playing great or anything. I tell the team I want to see more from them.

63': Danger i nour end... a long shot is rocketed at the net but Lynch makes the stop. We can't clear it out though, they reset and a header is off the crossbar and back into play, Arter clears it out finally.

65': Sole in for Main. I gave Main some time to turn his play aorund in the second half, but he just doesn't have it today.

77': Sloma in for an exhausted Arter.

83': Cross from Ademola into the area, Subotic heads it towards the net... keeper makes a nice save.

84': they get a breakaway chance on a counter, Striker Fisher with the ball running into the area. Mike Williams gets there and tries to tackle the ball away... blatant foul instead. Penalty. Their man steps up, takes it... LYNCH SAVES! We're still alive.

Overload strategy for the last 6 or 7 minutes... losing by a 2nd goal won't hurt us, maybe getting a point lets us clinch the title a day earlier. There's some fun when Lynch comes forward for a throwin deep in their area, and there's a great save by Lynch on our side after they get a counter attack going, but no more goals.

Alftreton 1 : 0 Woking

Fenton (7.1) and Pulis (7.2) are all we have to brag about toda. Main put up a 5.9 and was very poor.

Injury Update

Anane is out for 4 weeks, he actually BROKE his arm landing hard today, ouch!

Nikolaou is just recovered from his injury and can play the right side. But we're thin... I'll find a reserve to bring up too.

Not everyone played today, we're still 11 points up, but a couple playoff contenders now have 1 less match and could cut it to 8 with a win.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote