View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #3554
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
This ought to be a really, really good reminder that a voting record that seems too good to be true is probably just as dangerous as a really poor voting record.

The thing that the wolves did well - particularly Dubb - was have their "good" votes in good contexts as well. I don't think I've had a game where I've spent as much time looking at the timing of the votes and the potential for unvotes down the stretch as I did with this one. And those factors made his votes look even better. That is awfully impressive considering that there was not much of a precedent for that intensive a review process.

I followed along after my death and tried to guess the remaining wolves. I didn't figure out Dubb was a wolf until Danny told me. I think he did a good job of burying his vote like you said.

If I remember correctly, Dubb did that in a previous game too by switching right at the deadline when he was a wolf in order to nail a fellow wolf. After he did that, it was hard for me to be convinced that he was bad.

Telle and Eaglefan I finally figured out after I put together in my head what actually happened on the day 1 vote. (Since my vote on day 1 was the assumption that someone was covering for ntn, namely Telle.. and once Ntn showed up as good, it still didn't give me a good explanation for how the middle of the day happened. So the only logical conclusion for me from that was to look at Eaglefan.)

After I died, there was a period that I thought Passacaglia was a wolf for sure because of how he was playing. Later when I found he was the duke, that explained it a bit more to me.

Edit (now that I can edit!): I was a bit frustrated that days went by without anyone pushing for Telle and think it was pretty funny that for a day or two there, only the wolves were actually pushing for Telle, everyone else wanted to go elsewhere. The only reason I felt Eaglefan was likely bad was because of Telle. If I didn't suspect Telle being bad, I wouldn't have voted for Eaglefan on day 2 (as I said before I died).

Last edited by Alan T : 05-22-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote