View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #173
Radii
Head Coach

-- Between July 31st and August 14th (our next league match) we only play one U18 match, no reserve matches. Not sure if its smart or not, or if it helps or not, but we switch to High Intensity Fitness training for one week.

-- ST Samir Pace is upset about his lack of first team soccer and has a chat with me about it. I tell him I'm going to give him a first team shot. I don't really want to dump ST depth, but, at the same time, Navarro/Roth/Ratzburg have all earned their playing time, Pace never has. I have AMR injuries like crazy, I'll probably give him a start there.

August Update

-- DC Garcia, GK Harrington and DL Campbell all train poorly.

-- The board is very pleased with my leadership. That's an improvement from just "pleased" for awhile. Team atmosphere is the highlight, our 1-3 loss to Asheville is the one they picked out of all our bad losses in July before we turned it around. We made $5,960 profit last month.

Injury Update

-- AMR Ryan Crook just started full training again, and he's hurt himself again, out 2 months.

-- On August 7th I change our training back to Team Cohesion/Average (instead of high fitness).

August 14th, 2015

Wake Forest Cougars (8-2-5, 4th) vs Cleveland Stokers (7-2-6, 7th))

Attendence: 275

We've played Cleveland 3 times, 1 win, 2 draws. We beat them 2:1 on the road earlier this year.

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Campbell/Pickering/Forrest/Jackson
DM: Villa
M: Tapia/Shakespeare
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Navarro

Starting our new DC Forrest is the only thing in here that could be considered interesting I think.

Cleveland's best player is ST Diego Sinisterra. We will close down on him.

29': First highlight of the match, Shakespeare shoots a free kick over everything.

34': Shakespeare with an interception, after a couple passes Shakespeare with a through ball to Navarro, he's ahead of the defense, pulls up at the 18 yard mark, its a clear cut chance.. but wide.

46': Jackson with an interception to start this play off, Cooper to Shakespeare... a lob ahead for Navarro, its just like the last highlight, Navarro a clear cut chance, shoots from the edge of the box, and its saved.

HALF: We're playing better, but need to get that goal. 5 shots to 1, they are dominating possession though, 58/42 edge there, and they're actually passing and tackling better too. Just not generating any chances.

57': Cooper is hurt and must leave the match. Crap. Gallardo is in.

60': Davidson with a yellow.

60': They have a free kick from 40 yards out, its taken into the box but headed out by Campbell. Davidson picks up the ball after the header in our own half, and he takes off, to the middle of hte field, beats one man, keeps going... to the edge of the box, a shot is blocked, but it doesn't ricochet far, Davidson gets to the loose ball, shoots, goal!!! 1-0

82': Sandoval in for Tapia, Vega in for Villa.

83': They win a ball and counter hard, a lob to ST Delgado and he's got a clear cut chance from 18 yards out, Gyan rushes out... and he stops the shot! It falls to the right side of the area, but our defense is back now, they get a pass back into the middle, Pickering with a tackle... they recover... pickering I think with another tackle (two defenders there, could be the other one), and we clear. WHEW.

86': Davidson with a free kick from 20, its high.

91': We earn a corner as davidson makes a long run into the box and has it tackled away. Watching the highlight I had to laugh... Davidson started his run about 40 yards out, Navarro was there the entire time... and offsides THE ENTIRE TIME. So Davidson couldn't pass, he had to run into the area and do it all himself. Corner goes nowhere.

We hold off the last couple minutes!

Wake Forest 1 : 0 Cleveland

Man of the Match: Joe Pickering (8.3)
Goal: Davidson (7.3)
Assist: Campbell (6.8)
Notables: Forrest (7.1), Shakespeare (7.1)

I'm thrilled to see our defense put up good numbers, Pickering has struggled so much this year, today he is 9/9 on headers, including 4 key headers, with a cray 14 interceptions.

Our new DC Steve Forrest had 8 interceptions and 4 key headers too, both were great. That probably explains how we had such a possession deficit early when it looked like we were in control.

I tell pickering I'm extremely happy with his play.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote