View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 03:13 PM   #455
Edward64
Head Coach

Restarted a game yesterday. Got 3 vassals, battleship stage and bumped up against the borders of 2 fallen empires. My relationship with one was > 20 but the other was < 200.

That one came back with you are too close, back off. I accepted but like half my empire disappeared. I reloaded and this time said no but followed up with some free minerals. Didn't help, it declared war on me a couple turns later.

Needless to say, my 16K fleet combined strength didn't stand much of a chance. Thinking about starting a fresh game and giving lots of room for fallen empires.

Some things I noticed.

1) I really enjoy the early game but by mid-game, it seems to be a grind. I played most of mid-game on fast

2) By mid-game, research is coming in fast and furious. I didn't really know some of the things I was selecting. I know there's a "tech tree" out there and need to spend some time on it

3) Unlike another game, my first vassal didn't come help me on the fight for the second vassal. Wish I could control vassal's better

4) Current game, got 3 sectors going on. They look fugly twisted around my home system "Sol". I think I'm okay with the concept of sectors.

All-in-all, happy with the game. Currently at 150 hours and know I'll be spending more time on it so definitely got my money's worth. But I can see not playing this for a while because of middle game grind.

First Paradox game that I can say I played alot of. I bought CK2 a while ago on sale, didn't play alot of it, but may give it another shot.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote