View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #498
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I got a little luckily. I was playing as world with the Gaia planet trait. You get a 25 pop Gaia world to start in, but your race prefers Gaia and will find settling anywhere else tough. I figured I would build up in that sector and then either send robots to other planets to colonize or to use giant celestial projects instead to expand in my home system.

I've been playing with a Gaia planet race too, the fungoid race that looks like a floating bag of gas. Gaia/Pacifist/Xenophile, I pressed the "Random Civ" button and thats what it came up with.

I got a little lucky too, once my Gas Bag single planet empire got to a reasonable size, the insects next door split into three parts and had a huge civil war. My empire got 1 pop of Militaristic/Xenophile insect refugees.

Over 100 turns later, using that 1 pop of Insects to build colony ships, my Empire is now 80+% Militaristic insects ruled by the Gas Bag elite on their single Gaia world. Luckily with both groups being Xenophiles and Full Citizens, there's never been any unrest.

The 2.0 patch has really improved the game for me, forces a slow expansion.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote