View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #57
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I've literally watched those with the sound down at times in the past couple of years and I'd almost be interested myself to see how many innings of the past several World Series have even found me with the TV on at all. I know I watched some of '04, very little in '05 or '06, maybe 15 innings worth in '07 and I honestly don't remember in '08 but IIRC bits & pieces actually watched. I haven't watched a Saturday game on Fox in several years

I'll also watch the Colts playoff games, the Falcons playoff games last were interesting enough to me to watch from a "wonder what'll happen" standpoint. Otherwise, it's mostly bits & pieces. I was engaged for the Giants late heroics against the Patriots and for the Colts win but otherwise I mostly only bother with the Super Bowl for the commercials in recent years, which actually makes it pretty easy to tune Buck out pretty much entirely as I'm not really interested in what he's saying.

I'd say 90% of the pro sports events I follow are done with one of the online gametrackers, the amount of time I spend with the TV on live pro sports overall is pretty minimal compared to my other demographic indicators.

Is bad announcing the biggest reason that your pro sports TV viewing habits are what they are?
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote