View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #1182
QuikSand
lolzcat

For what it's worth, before this gets away from me completely, I will offer that I accept SkyDog's explanation of the timeline of events, and retract my suggestion (and that is what it was) that he was being motivated by the reward. I accept his explanation not based on any evidence, but just because he says it is so.

I also did take a look though the stuff he posted in this thread, and it's very clear that there's no way that a trifling monetary reward could justify that much effort -- he clearly put a ton of time into testing the game engine and offering feedback, and there's no doubt that his extended comments here heightened a lot of people's interest in the game.

The cash prize just seemed really odd to me... and I reacted too quickly. I felt like my objections were really shouted down earlier in this thread (justifiably, I still think), and I suspect that fueled my reaction today. I never understood the enthusiasm for this game, and perhaps I stepped in this conversation without any right to expect a positive outcome. Stepping back in (after seeing it get bumped today for whatever reason) was clearly a bad idea.

I'll sit back down now.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote