View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 08:14 AM   #243
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Indiana and USC just had another classic Championship Matchup. USC kicked off early and while we slowed Gray early, his QB gashed us with runs and Gray finished the drive with a 2 yard TD run for the 1st score of the game.

We answered quickly with controlled passing mixed in with runs up the middle. Galloway finished the drive with a 11 yard TD reception from Galloway.

Our defenses each had stops (we picked him off and then he forced us to punt) soon after but there wasn't much of that today. We ended their next drive with a pick from Murphy that he returned 96 yards for a TD to give us a 14-7 lead. Indiana marched right back as Gray got on track and had a 35 yard TD to make it 14-14.

Gilmore led us down the field and ran it in from 10 yards to make it 21-14.

We were getting the ball back to start the 2nd half and I was working hard for a stop, but Indiana ate up clock and scored with a 29 yard pass from Shuler to Simmons to make it 21-21 just before the half. We had 11 seconds left but could not score.

We got the ball to start the 3rd and promptly had our first turnover of the day as Gilmore tried an option pitch to Stewart that sailed off the mark and was recovered by Indiana. That was costly as they took a 27-21 lead by a 2 yard Novak run. However, Indiana's kicker missed the extra point!

Gilmore led us down the field and we took the 28-27 lead midway through the 3rd.

We forced Indiana into a 4th and 1 (I think) and they surprised us with a long gutsy pass that went 75 yards for a TD. The 2 point conversion make it 35-28.

Hoffman had some nice runs this game, but none nicer in which he stiff armed a guy and ran over another guy for a 24 yard TD run to make it 35-35 early in the 4th.

We blitzed again and Indiana caught us again for a 53 yard TD pass this time. Indiana's kicker, Godfrey, missed the extra point again! 41-35.

5 minutes left and I thought about eating up clock but decided to just run our usual no-huddle offense. We scored quickly on a 5 yard TD run by Hoffman to make it 42-41.

It was very tense then as Indiana ran the ball and used up clock. They were hurt slightly in their efforts by their long kick off return and relatively short field.

We decided to let them score, but they ran out of bounds on the 3rd. We used our time outs and forced them into a 4th and goal from the 1, but they scored with 48 seconds left in the game.

We picked off the 2 point conversion attempt so it was 47-42.

We had 48 seconds to score. A good kickoff got us to the 38 I believe.

We ran a short route to Stewart for 11 yards. Then, an incomplete pass I think. Then, our 3rd WR (who I had considered replacing) had the biggest play of the day as he caught a short pass, got a few blocks and sprung it for a 49 yard TD reception!!! Gilmore ran it in for a 2 point conversion to make it 50-47.

26 seconds left. We do our version of a squib kick and get it to one of his slower guys. They have the ball on the 32.

We play a quasi-prevent defense but tell our guys to hit hard and try to force a fumble.

First play is a nice run by his QB who I totally forgot to account for. He gets it past the 50. 15 seconds left.

This time, I spy with Dennis, our safety, but still have 2 hard hitting DB's back deep. He throws it up.. nice completion for 25 yards or so... but our DB pops the receiver just after he catches it... fumble!!! Our defense dives on it!

USC kneels and we win 50-47!

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-01-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote