View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #25
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I love self-check out and won't even go to a grocery store that doesn't have it. Hardly ever a line for it since most people are still scared of them, no getting stuck in line because of a customer with 20 coupons (a few that are expired or they're trying to double up when the coupon explicitly states they can't) and/or needing the cashier to check something, I usually scan my items and bag them faster than the high schooler who doesn't want to be there does. And that's on top of the massive plus of being able to do my grocery shopping with zero human interactions. It's basically the greatest thing ever.

There's this one cashier at a grocery store I used to go to who made some silly comment about every item as he scanned it. Some kind of commentary on the item itself, or upon the buyer who purchased it. It's his shtick. Some people think he's hilarious. But many also avoid him, because if you're trying to subtly stay away from him, he'll dramatically call you over when his line is empty. So of course, I had to stop going there forever and now shop at Fred Meyer with it's glorious self check-out lines. So I don't have to eyeball of the cashiers and decided who will be the least annoying. I don't mind small talk, sometimes, but the customer should be the one that directs it, not the employee.

Last edited by molson : 09-12-2018 at 01:59 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote