View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #26
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
I like the self-check out option. Would much rather be out of there rather than watching someone sort through coupons and pulling all sorts of shenanigans. My normal grocery store doesn't offer, but I use it at Target more than half the time.

I use it at Target too. But I'm usually just buying a couple things. Agree on the waiting in line part. But that's on the grocery store. Open up more registers if lines are forming.

Used to shop at Jewel here but recently switched to a place called Sunset Foods. It's a local, smaller chain. Bit more expensive. But their service is second to none. Never have to wait in line, there's someone to take the items out of your cart when you get there, and by the time my payment is through they're all bagged up and in my cart. They even offer to take it out to my car for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
There's this one cashier at a grocery store I used to go to who made some silly comment about every item as he scanned it. Some kind of commentary on the item itself, or upon the buyer who purchased it. It's his shtick. Some people think he's hilarious. But many also avoid him, because if you're trying to subtly stay away from him, he'll dramatically call you over when his line is empty. So of course, I had to stop going there forever and now shop at Fred Meyer with it's glorious self check-out lines. So I don't have to eyeball of the cashiers and decided who will be the least annoying. I don't mind small talk, sometimes, but the customer should be the one that directs it, not the employee.

These people are the worst. I feel enough shame buying the family size box of Totinos pizza rolls, I don't need you broadcasting it out to the store.

Close second is the person who stops ringing up your items because he sees something interesting, decides to inspect it, and then proceeds to ask "are these good?".
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote