View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 08:12 AM   #103
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushikawa View Post
I don't get your comment. There are 4 affinity groups not just the 7-8/8-9/11-12 one.

My point is this. There are two basic ways to try to go heavy chemistry:

-Align the whole offense around a QB and his backups, to maximize QB affinities... frex, your 11-12 starting QB would push you to invest in leaders from the 7-8 or 8-9 groups, so those leaders will not only connect with their own groups, but also with the QBs.

-Just focus on each chem group separately and don't worry too much about QB affinities.

I think, for the most part, the heavy-chem community has taken the former approach. It is, admittedly, easier to remember, and it has the benefit of adding the QB chemistry which might be meaningful.

I'm suggesting that maybe diversifying leadership on your offensive groups might be worth the trade off. You lose the QB chem (or most of it) but on theory you gain in the number of players who can serve as leaders or mostly-chemistry assets. Finding high-personality, high-leadership guys is tough enough... it's extra tough to find three such guys to lead your team in three separate position groups, especially if you're constrained to just one or two zodiac signs. Open it up, and just by the numbers it would be easier to find a 10-11 RB, a 2-3 WR, and an 8-9 OL leader.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote