View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 03:43 PM   #110
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
And yet more and more 'well-adjusted' women have sex when they are 15, 14, etc. To say they are all emotionally messed up is utterly ridiculous. That isn't even talking if those 'cultural differences' are right or not.

I did not mean to comment on the appropriateness of the differences in cultural expectation, only that they very much still exist. There is definitiely a continuing trend of that difference eroding, but I do not think it is gone - especially among the age group of people who are currently parents of teens. They get much more upset on finding their daughters have had sex than their sons.

Although I think if you read some studies, you would find that the younger girls have sex, the more likely they are to have self esteem issues later in life (thus belying the more and more 'well-adjusted' women having sex at a young age). I think that as the difference is cultural expectations for boys and girls erodes, this will go away a bit too, but we're not quite there yet.