View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #272
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 1, November 1983
Orlando, FL. 683

-We return to the Southeast, mostly because I feel like I need a low-pressure show to get started again.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Iceman Parsons defeats Villano IV in 8:50 by pinfall. (D+) After the match, Iceman celebrates with the fans (E+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Frank Dusek defeats Barry Orton in 6:25 by pinfall. (D-)

-Bill Mercer comes out, and hypes tonight's advertised apperance of the WWF Heavyweight Champion, The Junkyard Dog. He says that tonight, JYD will be in action against a WCCW champion - the TV champion, Jimmy Garvin. (D+)

-Manny Fernandez defeats Al Perez in 6:21 by pinfall. Manny looked good. (D+). After the match, Manny hyped his match at the TV taping tomorrow night with King Kong Bundy - the first man who has accepted Brian Adias' offer of a bounty to put Manny out of commission. Manny says that if he has to, he'll go through every last man on the WCCW roster to get to Adias. (C-)

-Fritz Von Erich came out and hyped his TV title steel cage match tomorrow night with Jim Garvin. He tells the Orlando fans that that will be his final match as an active competitor. (C-)

-Fritz Von Erich defeated Super Keno in 2:52 by submission. (D). At the conclusion of the match, Jim Garvin jumps into the ring and attacks Fritz, in an obvious attempt to soften him up for the cage match tomorrow night. Fritz however, is able to fight back, and applies the claw to Garvin before the brawl is broken up. (D+)

-Adrian Adonis defeats Ricky Morton in 6:46 by pinfall. (C+). After the match, Adonis grabs a mic, and says that he knows Bruiser Brody is backstage. Adonis said he has had second thoughts about rejecting Brody's challenge for a match, and is willing to take him on right now. Brody comes out to the ring, but he is followed closely by the rest of Destruction, Inc - The Sheepherders and Skandor Akbar. The 4 surround Brody in the ring and beat in down. This was a trap orchestrated by Adonis. (D+) After dispatching of Brody, Destruction, Inc. cuts a lengthy promo, calling themselves the most dominate force in WCCW. (D)

-Villano III defeats Tommy Rogers in 7:31 by pinfall. (C-) The two showed good chemistry. After the match, Villano III and Gory Guerrero light cigars in celebration. (D)

-Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts come out to hype their upcoming title defense against Koko B. Ware & Bobby Eaton. They put over how the last time they came to the Southeast, they defeated Ware and Eaton, and don't expect any problems doing the same tonight. (C+)

-WCCW American Tag Team Championship Match
Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts drew with Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware in 15:00 when the time limit expired. Hayes & Roberts make their 4th defense of the tag team titles. Ware stood out with his good performance (C+).

-The WWF Heavyweight Champion, The Junkyard Dog came out, and said it's an honor to perform in from the Orlando fans (establishing himself as a face in WCCW). (C+)

-The Junkyard Dog defeated Jimmy Garvin 13:59 by pinfall. (C-)

Overall Rating: C-

THOUGHTS

-This didn't go as well as our first show in the Southeast, but our Southeast popularity still increases from 30.7% to 31.1%.

-I was a little disappointed in JYD's segment and match, considering he has pretty good overness in the Southeast. Perhaps it was stupid to use him anywhere but Texas, where his popularity is A+. But since he picked up the win tonight, I'm able to perhaps job him to Backlund on TV, and then give him a draw or win in his 3rd and final match under our contract.

-The tag title match also didn't live up to what those 4 guys did in Atlanta last month (where they delivered a "B" match). But the more ring time I can give Koko and Eaton the better.

-This was Villano III's lowest rated match with us (9 total matches), but he has absolutely zero overness in the Southeast at this point, so it's not a big deal.

-Otherwise, I'll disregard most of the ratings here, since we're on "foreign" territory, but before long, the Southeast should be a legitimate #3 region for us to run shows.

Last edited by molson : 06-24-2007 at 12:42 AM.
molson is online now   Reply With Quote