View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #58
Radii
Head Coach

Free Transfer Signing

Mike Williams is a 25 year old defender, left or center. He played very well for Wrexham in recent years in the BS Premier but was released this year for some reason.

Heading (11), Marking (12), Tackling(11), very solid for a center back. Determined, good positioning, decent off the ball, a good worker. He's not that pacey, but that's alright for a DC. He's strong and a good leaper. He really looks like an ideal center back for us.

Aswad Thomas is only 22, but Fenton is 32 and Sidibe is 33. I'll be pushing Sidibe out ASAP now and trying to work a rotation with these 3 to see how Williams will work out.

The Woking fans are delighted that we got a real bargain in Williams. Oh right... $650/week, I should mention that

Injury Update

Joe O'Sullivan is back in full training and available!!

January 21st, 2012

Woking (17-8-3, 1st) @ Barrow(7-5-15, 19th)

We beat them 2-0 at home earlier in the year. and are the favorites on the road against yet another team fighting relegation. We're 2-1-0 against them.

Barrow Striker Jason Walker has 9 goals, 17 bravery and great athletic ability. Quite a worry actually if they have anyone to get him the ball.

I don't change my starting lineup, but O'Sullivan and new DC Mike Williams are available off the bench today.

6': Harsanyi with another long shot, similar to his goal last match, off the crossbar.

7': Rose with a long low pass on a quick counter, a defender misses an interceptoin, Harsanyi picks it up 35 yards out, runs towards the box and places the ball by the keeper! 1-0

9': Christ Harsanyi, another shot off the bar from 30 yards out.

13': Rose feeds Harsanyi again, another open look, but this one is saved.

16': German with a yellow.

24': A cross comes into our box from the left side. Its deflected near the keeper. Thomas tries to head it out instead of letting Lynch collect it. Its a poor header and their star Walker picks it up with space in the box. He beats Lynch for a goal. 1-1

32': Sloma picks up an injury on a challenge in the midfield. He's down to 41% fitness... uggh, I don't think O'Sullivan is quite ready for 60 minutes. No sub just yet. Sloma is just that much less valuable that I'm wliling to risk him.

38': Their man Walker strikes again. A great pass from 30 yards out, Walker times his run perfectly and beats Lynch again. 1-2

47': midfielder Mozika with a yellow for going in hard on Sloma.

HALF: The second Barrow goal was beautiful. The first was bad luck mostly, a deflection on a cross creating some chaos. Thomas, Pulis, sloma and Keehan all look pretty bad out there. My boy O'Sullivan is in for Sloma. No other changes, I implore the team to play with some heart out there. Barrow with 5 shots, 2 on target. We have 10 shots, 3 on target, 3 clear cut chances. They just finished better.

50': A very nice ball from Clarke into the box for Harsanyi. He's got a man closing in hard and fires his shot just over the bar.

55': O'sullivan with a long pass forward to Harsanyi in the perfect hole to find a clean shot, but its a long one and he puts it wide. The pass though... 40 yards, in the only spot on the pitch where Harsanyi can beat the defense to it.

61': A long ball forward by Pulis, its intended for rose, the defense intercepts it, but a pass to get it away from rose is terrible... really terrible, and Harsanyi runs onto it 10 yards from the keeper and puts it into the left side of the net! Rose putting pressure on the defender even though he wasn't first there made that happen 2-2

80': A graet Barrow move. Rickets is beaten by a midfielder, he can't quite get a clean run on goal for a shot but it causes a lot of chaos. He pulls the ball out, sends in a little cross, midfielder Rutheford heads it over Lynch. 2-3 Oof!

80': Ademola in for German, Ademola to ST, Harsanyi AML. Williams on for clarke. I brought him in to play DC but Clarke hasn't sat a single minute this year I don't think and he's ready for a rest.

93': One last chance, Harsanyi runs down the left side and puts a cross into the 6 yard box. Ademola tries to get there but the defense is all over it. We'll suffer out first loss in 15 matches today.

Barrow 3 : 2 Woking

If we're gonna go down, its going to be exciting. Harsanyi really could have scored 5 goals today. He came so close so many times. And that isn't really a failing on his part, those early shots off the woodwork were brilliant long attempts.

Their man walker with 2 goals is clear man of the match.

Harsanyi has 2 goals and an 8.8 rating. Rose with an assist and an 8.4 rating. The other goal was unassisted.

O'Sullivan is right back in form with a 7.1 rating, 24/27 passes completed, 2 key passes.

Thomas was awful, Sloma and Keehan average at best, and Lynch with a 6.1.

We did allow 13 shots, 6 on target. We had 19, 6 on target. We had 4 clear cut chances to their 2, and we really should have scored more than we did. But we need to defend better, can't allow a team like this to get 3 on us.

The headline after the match in our news is "Cardinals made to rue missed chances" so I guess the fans and reporter(s) saw it like I did.

We remain in first even with the loss.

1. Woking - 59 pts
2. Rushden - 58 pts
3. Cheltenham - 56 pts
4. Cambridge - 53 pts
5. Macclesfield - 53 pts
---------
6. Wrexham - 52 pts
7. Kidderminster - 51 pts
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote