View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 10:47 PM   #489
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sri Lanka Rankings Update

Girsh Girsh -- 1st singles. If he finishes well, Girsh has a chance for a historically great season. It's already basically assured of being clearly his best. He'll seek to make hay while the sun shines, well aware that sooner or later, Mooljee is coming ...

Anil Mehul -- 4th singles. Mehul has pretty much settled in now and will hope to hold off the pack and stay fourth this year. A five-year run in which he won at least one Slam title each season has now come to an end. No finals for him either. That's as good a book-end as any. Interestingly, his winning percentage is nearly identical to last season's, he reduced the bad losses but just can't get it done against the top players any more.

Prakash Mooljee -- 13th to 12th singles, 202nd to 190th doubles. With ok results, but not as good as he is capable of, Mooljee continues to progress slowly. There's only a 200-point gap between 11th and 16th right now, and he's right in the middle of that pack. It is still very possible that he could finish as high as 10th.

Shreya Ujjaval -- 17th to 13th singles, 54th doubles(unchanged). Ujjaval had a poor USO but other than that it's been a pretty impressive year for him. 13th in the world but only 4th from his nation. Heady stuff for Sri Lanka, that!

Shyam Senepathy -- 80th singles(unchanged). Still looks pretty much like he's treading water at the moment.

Ritwik Dudwadkar -- 77th to 54th juniors. At 33-1 in singles this year, he's pretty much flattened all comers. The time has come for Dudwadkar to move up. He'll be looking to gain as much as he can in the rankings towards the end of the year, as that will position him best to play the big events next season. The importance of this is in gaining more experience from these tournaments.

Manager Ranking -- 2nd to 1st! Another goal achieved; the US Open win put me over the top. 44.6 to 46.8k points. Really the only thing left here is to reach oprice's record of 64k+ or get as close to it as I can. I'm confident I can hit over 50k but beyond that I'm less certain.

Coming Up ...

Time for the World Team Cup to get going again. We meet Spain in the quarterfinals next week.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote