View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 02:39 AM   #80
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Booking the last couple of shows, the roster still seems a little bloated, and there's a lot of guys I'm leaving on the bench each show. I could expand our house shows to 2 hours (from 90 minutes), but it seems more fiscally responsible at this point to cut some more guys. But there's no easy cuts.

-And on top of that, I can't help myself, and I bring in Luke & Butch, the Bushwhackers (then known as the Sheepherders) the current Southwest Championship Wrestling Tag Team Champions. Since I'm at war with SWC, they'll leave them completely, and work soley for me. They come in at $1,200/$1,125 a show, respectively. This is purely a "sign away SWC's tag team champs to screw with them and figure out what I do with the talent later" kind of move. But these guys have some talent - they're a brutal, hardcore tag team at this point, who have decent C- level popularity in Texas.

-And what may turn out to be a hugely important signing for us, I also sign the SWC Heavyweight Champion, Adrian Adonis to a PPA deal at $1,325/show. Adrian is also has the top singles title of the red-hot Maple Leaf Wrestling promotion. Fortunately for me, he considers us his priority company. While Adrian is probably best remembered as the fat guy with boobs running around with a dress in the WWF, he was also an extremely talented wrestler. He has B+ ratings in Toughness, Stamina, The Basics, and Resilience. He also has very solid "C" popularity in the midwest, and C- in Texas. SWC will have their two championships vacated overnight.

-Considering my roster was getting fat even before I brought in The Bushwhackers and Adrian Adonis, my roster is completely out of control now. Before the next show, I'll have to force myself to make some cuts. Even though with the PPA deals, I'm not paying for the guys on the sidelines if they don't work, it hurts my wrestlers' popularity when I don't use them enough. My road agent now says I have 11 more guys than I need. So it'll have to be cutdown day soon

-I also add an additional road agent, Whipper Billy Watson, who is a locker room leader, and has a respect rating of "A". He's a little pricey at $1,650/show, but at this point, the money I'm making does no good collecting dust in Fritz's pockets. He's also a candidate to be an interim on-screen authority figure for WCCW, though his popularity in the midwest and Texas is only a D.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote