View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #295
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I think he (Tony) lives.

Yes, the orange is an homage to "The Godfather", hell, just about one reference an episode did that...and that's an interesting thing, was the "Godfather" so big that it resulted in the mob acting like it, or was the "Godfather" a realistic depiction of what mob life was.

I think the Sopranos was showing a little of what present mob life is. It's dying.

When Phil is talking to his number two, it was showed and stated that "LIttle Italy" has gotten smaller, the guy on the phone wandered into Chinatown. It's dying.

Look at Tony's crew, you think even with him alive, that they'll ever be that big. I liked when Tony finally met with Uncle Junior, to see for himself, to prove to himself that Junior was so far gone that it wasn't an act (Remember Junior wanted to off Tony). I loved how he talked to Junior about that "thing" and Junior goes ,"I was part of that?" And Tony goes, "You and my dad ran New Jersey." Forgiveness Tony, and the realization that it won't ever be like that again. It's dying.

You see AJ and Meadow simply following in the footsteps. AJ was for a brief shining moment ready to do something positive - join the army, nevermind the Trump thing, but to actually learn Arabic and be something (of course, what did Michael Corleone do to try to cut ties, join the war) but instead of seeing the positives (and though it was masked by the fear of losing him to war) they corrupted AJ back into his old ways. Meadow was different, she was the one closest to breaking free, but it was seeing her dad get arrested and dating a mobster's son that pulled her back in (170k a year, defending mobsters, excuse me, Italian-Americans). I think Tony was disappointed as much as he was excited at the thought of her success, the one that almost acheived greatness without the taint, which is why he's looking up for her, which is why when he was in his coma he heard her voice (still gives me chills and made me tear up since I gotta little girl of my own).

Carmella is older and wiser, the spec houses are bringing in the income she couldn't rely on Tony for. She builds crappy homes that have rotten foundations due to cost cuts and questionable practices (like getting Tony to get inspectors to okay the house). And while she had guilt that someone could be harmed by the bad roof, we see her looking at new ones to work on.

Tony, still needs the outlet to talk to, hence why he took over AJ's counselor. He's got indictments coming, but the lawyer didn't seem too worried (too busy looking at the dancing girls getting ready) and munching into that hamburger.

In the end the family is intact, but rotten as ever, and no one is there to take the reigns when Tony does finally go off, if Phil had just waited, he could've had this crew easy.

So Silvio is down and out, and Paulie is a nervous captain (I don't think he's a rat)..."I'm old, I just survived my prostate!" The guy wasn't ever a leader, he was an enforcer, and the years are going by that he'll be less and less at that.

So the crew is dying too, I didn't see anyone who shined enough to bring new life into it, and the crew AJ hung out with, the new breed, is getting busted for drugs, just like the old breed, only slicker and more violent, not smart enough to know what to do, not honorable enough to be trusted.

You see Tony raking the leaves and hearing the ducks and smiling, the idea of family was still there. I mean he went to Junior to find a way to help Bobby's kids (lord knows that Janice won't)

Seeing the final moments for the 2nd time, all the tension was gone (I can see why Schmidty wasn't impressed). Tony is always going to live in fear, he's sliding back into the depths. AJ wants him to enjoy the good things, and I think that goes back to when Tony finally came out of the coma, "Every day is a gift." I think Tony has accepted that sooner or later, the lights go out.

So like a episode before, the Doors were playing the instrumental break but I know, knew..."when the music's over, turn out the lights."

Chase did, and it was good.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote