View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 01:17 PM   #115
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Controversial statement coming, but an honest one.

If someone thinks a certain God and religion is probably fundamentally true I can understand that. When someone is absolutely sure I think they have lost the plot. So many possibilities out there. To be 100% sure, is totally delusional IMO.

Exactly the same as someone saying they are sure we were created by aliens. Or by hydrothermal vents. Pick your theory.

FWIW.

I doubt there are 100% certain, 100% of the time believers there. Most everyone has doubts that creep up. But yeah, there are people that are "certain" (considering this a little lower bar than your 100% sure) there is a God.

Gallup says 80%+ of Americans believe in a God. 64% are "certain" there is a God. I'm guessing it's higher globally (if we toss in Buddha who technically is not a God).

https://news.gallup.com/poll/268205/...lieve-god.aspx

People are largely influenced and are a product of their environment/experiences.

If people were told they were created by aliens or hydrothermal vents for the past 2,000+ years (have to read up on oldest religion/worshipping), I can understand that belief. But they weren't and that's the difference.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote