View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 02:56 PM   #220
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quick note here that there really is no need for a research briefing. I did add the research amounts to the Economics section a couple posts up -- short version is that the three branches have quite even funding at the moment and resources are growing slowly. A lucrative research station that is expected to go up in Impal Tov in a year or two will help that out a bit, and a new research lab being built on Humboldt won't hurt either.

Internal Politics: Governor's Affairs

Governor JIMGA on Humboldt is really a caretaker at this point. As you can see from the schematic on our homeworld, there are only a few provinces left to develop. Basically waiting on the population to run them at this point. The Capacity Overload edict is adding a little over 3 energy a month, about 6% of the imperial total. The last three provinces will be used for the Troutian Power Plant, one more farm will probably be needed, and another research lab.

Bakangi Briefing: Governor Deaconi Palmieri

The Planetary Administration will be finished in three months' time, and the colony needs to instructions on what improvements to build and emphasize. In case you missed it, here's the original stuff I put up on planetary buildings and development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
** The green apples signify food. The more surplus food we have, the faster the population will grow.
** The yellow and black borders indicate tiles we can't use until we clear what is in them. Clearing costs both minerals and energy.
** The resources indicated in each tile are what can be gathered there if someone is at work in that area.
** If you look closely, you can see buildings in the background of some tiles. Where there is a building, the resources produced include what the building contributes. It's important to match the building to the tile. If, for example, we built a mine on the 1-food tile in the right column, we'd get the minerals for the mine, but the food would be gone. Building a hydroponic farm there will add the tile's food to the food from the farm, increasing the yield.
** The planetary capital(second column, third row down), currently at 4 food and 4 minerals, adds +1 to the minerals, food, or energy from any of the four adjacent tiles(shown with the small yellowish triangles/arrows). It's important to remember this when placing a colony on new worlds.
** We can only build/clear one thing at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Food -- Low/Medium/High
Minerals -- Low/Medium/High
Energy -- Low/Medium/High
Research -- Low/Medium/High

The settings for the second part there are what is needed next. Governor Palmieri, you are on the clock for the first time. What shall the developing colony of Bakangi emphasize?
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote