View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 08:06 AM   #66
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, then... would we settle for a 12-4 record, our first bye week in a long while, and the #2 scoring offense in the league?

FOOL: Baltimore Ravens 2055

Starts with QB Archie Buckner, who was surprisingly effective in his first action - #11 in overall QB effectiveness by BELCO metrics. I would have expected less - at least many more interceptions in a first year of play.

I think basically the investment on the OL is paying off here - LT Bullock is becoming a true stud, and we have kept the same exact starting five in place for three years running, which has to help. The running game was a solid 5 ypc, and the passing game a solid 7 ypa, and nearly every player was productive without any one guy looking like he was carrying the team.

Defense exceeded expectations as well. The pass rush was again mediocre, but again it didn't seem to matter much. The pass defense (secondary?) was great, just great - as we are now three deep with high quality cornerbacks. CB Grubbs had 13 PDs playing mainly nickel corner, and CB Marshall was solid at SS, too -- so our DB depth probably carried the team here. We're going to have to pay Grubbs, but I think he's worth it (33.5 KR avg doesn't hurt, either, and that's with zero TDs to skew the numbers).

So, really nice season. Didn't see it coming, being totally honest. So, the plans for a mini rebuild have to go on hold... now the longer term questions will be affording an extension with Bucker after we pay Grubbs, and who might have to go to bring all this together. Fun stuff.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote