View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #71
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, file sent in for the regular season. Giddyup.

Rookie class is okay - stud punter, and long term assets at DB, possibly a nice rotation caliber WR in the making. We are going to be deep at DB for a long time.

DE Richard does not recant his holdout, so he's gone. Coffey will start, and we will rotate some pass-rushing DTs in on the outside. I'm cooling of late on the insistence that this defense needs top-tier pass rushers to work properly...so we ought to be okay. Our cover men can handle an extra second or two.

On offense, more of the same I guess. Buckner gets a second year, and theoretically could improve. He'll have to show us a lot to get a new contract for big money next season.

Our special teams should be excellent. Our kicker is nothing special, but we ought to be among the top tier in getting returns and stopping them. A stud punter ought to help there, but we are deep with ST assets in our depth chart - in a no-injury league, why not?

We have cleared enough cap to extend our LT Bullock and a couple other guys, and did so without cutting/trading LB Jaax or RB Guerrierri. So, we will take another stab at this with largely the same roster and plan as last season, when we got a little lucky and won the conference (adding to my unparalleled cabinet of runner-up trophies).
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote