View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 10:49 AM   #72
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, regular season is in the books:

FOOL: Baltimore Ravens 2056

11-5, #3 seed. Not great, but okay.

Main takeaways - running game suffered, Guerrieri was not worth the big money we still paid him (but Whittle again great as the backup). Passing game stable, and solid.

Defense was okay - awful against the run, but solid against the pass and pretty good in grabbing turnovers. Pass rush was adequate. CB Jeremy Richardson posts another 11 interceptions and stakes a strong claim to being the best cornerback this league has ever seen (not joking at all).

Special teams are really solid - KR Grubbs is a total monster with 36.7 yards per kickoff return (!!!), and we are in the top tier in all the return numbers, and tied for first in net punting. So - that part of the roster is in really nice shape.

Looking ahead --

I don't love our chances of winning three games, two on the road most likely, and getting to the title game. So, I suspect we are done. As usual, we're in the zone I call "fringe contender" -- good enough to be in the playoffs, but it would be a real surprise if we popped off a title in the next stage. Could happen, but we're probably 12-1 or 15-1 against.

I'm putting in contract offers to extend our essential guys, next season will again be tight but we do have a couple expensive contracts coming off the board (most notably DE Braxton Ellard, whose $25m outstrips his 31/31 rating, 10 sacks notwithstanding).
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote