View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Back to Britannia: Football Manager 15

Hi again, everyone.

Upon the demise of my venerable old laptop--at the ripe age of six years--I bought myself a spiffy new machine. One of the first things I did with my new laptop was install FM 15, one of the two versions of the game I've enjoyed most. Then, the urge to write a new dynasty story struck, so here I am.

I've tried managing in all kinds of places, but I always seem to come back to England. The team names, the grounds, the vibe of English football seem to resonate with me. I downloaded a database that includes 10 levels of the English pyramid, and I picked six teams from Level 10 that might be fun to manage.

Then, I handed a six-sided die to my 11-year-old daughter. She rolled a 5, and just like that, I became the manager of Stony Stratford Town, a semi-professional club in Spartan South Midlands League Division One. The club's home ground is Ostler's Lane.

I'm using "fake names." (I like seeing players' faces, not blank silhouettes, on their pages. It definitely increases the immersion factor for me.)

My story will probably be heavy on the words, and light on the images. That's more my style. There are times, however, when a picture is worth at least a thousand words, so I'll throw a few in every once in a while.

Now is one of those times. Here's the club's badge:

By Source, Fair use, File:Stony Stratford Town F.C. logo.png - Wikipedia
Attached Images
File Type: png Stony_Stratford_Town_F.C._logo.png (153.4 KB, 69 views)

Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote