View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #34
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Yeah, but that was right at the end, and even then it wasn't really incorporated into the story. Why didn't any of the creative or corporate types mention the other parks? In all of the discussion of the history and progression of Westworld how was there no mention of the other parks?

Why wasn't it mentioned that the Man in Black and William were the same person 30 years apart? Because it was part of the gradual reveal. Same as the additional parks. The fact that they were introduced in Bicameral Mind means they weren't just thrown in there, but were part of the story all along.

Quote:
Season one was a theme based discussion of identity and consciousness. That appealed to me greatly. Season two, so far, has been a conventional, plot driven, action story. That's a lot less appealing to me.

I'm not sure how one sees the almost opposite reactions of Dolores and Maeve to sentience and think that questions of man or machine isn't a core part of the show anymore. In addition to the questions of whether this is all a part of Ford's programming or is it actual decision making on the part of the artificial beings. The main characters of the show have mostly become hosts who are struggling to deal with their reality (& the Man in Black).