View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 08:32 AM   #294
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Though it's probably more self-preservation than anything (for clubs from the continent in general), I'm pleased to see this

Quote:
VALENCIENNES, France -- The head of women's soccer in Africa wants Cameroon to face punishment for the conduct of players in their Women's World Cup loss to England. ... Isha Johansen, who sits on the Confederation of African Football executive committee and is president of the women's soccer body, says she is "proud of our African female teams" in the tournament.

But Johansen believes the game "reflected badly not only on African women's football but African football on the whole" and wants punishments imposed.

"It is an issue which will be addressed and dealt with at the appropriate levels of governance," she added on Monday.

According to the official from Sierra Leone, the CAF should take action even if FIFA doesn't pursue a case against the Cameroon team.