View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 08:21 PM   #367
Radii
Head Coach

I saw a strat that was annoying but beatable with AI, but when calling plays myself, feels like it might be a bit diabolical.

3* RB Myers (IR 214 with my 66% Legend bonus)
2* WR Rivers (ratings poor but irrelevant)

Each of them have the "Surprise Short" passive skill: "Very large boost to average yards of IR plays if 11 or more yards to first down line."

See where this is going? Kneel on first down... those 2.5 yard IR plays that are like 95% effective or more become 17.5 yard IR plays. It looks like its a flat +15 yards to each play.

My first attempt with this:

4* QB Sargent (at 2/4 currently for me) - medium boost to morale after 10 or more yards gained... once he's a legend this becomes a "massive boost" right? You'll max morale after 1 kneel + run?
3* TE Kinney (54 IR but who cares) - Very large boost to play's breakaway ratio if morale is 85% or more
4* C Gordon (295 IR at 3/4) - large boost to success rate when winning clash against DT

For my first attempt I just went with a C with high IR buuut

4* C Montoya - at 2/4 stars "medium boost to team's ratings if morale is 75% or more" might be cool - and the massive boost coming when legend might be devastating.

Max morale in one or two cycles of kneel/practically guaranteed successful run, gain large breakaway bonus on top of that. load up on the 2.5-4 yard IR's that use RB and C (since you actually have IR ratings there). Throw in a couple longer runs for 2 point conversions.

Requires offensive playcalling more frequently. If I had a good OR/SP setup I might just try to default to it, but I don't have that, I'm still OR/LP and I feel like I'm breaking into my offense to call plays more and more often anyway.

Last edited by Radii : 09-10-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote