View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 07:11 AM   #976
QuikSand
lolzcat

While my tone there is pugnacious on purpose, I will reinforce that recognizing other chem-heavy owners (especially me) in your league is a meaningful consideration in weighing where (on the zodiac) to invest your leadership/affinities. Frex, with my Washington team, I'm not going to build my DB chemistry around the same 2-3/4-5/6-7 group that I have just newly committed to in Baltimore... it's not out of opportunism, it's just being pragmatic. I don't want to have to outbid to reach for the same guys in each draft/FA class as another team, for the same reasons. It's hard enough filtering that way, but to do it and then have to compete directly, routinely, against someone who is already committed - it's inherently sub-optimal.

And yes, I say this as a stakeholder in what johnny does with his other team. If he sticks with the same groups I am focusing on here, it will work out poorly for both him and me - he'll have trouble getting the guys he needs, and I'll have consistent competition for the guys I'd want. And I will be far less willing to let affinity gimps slide into open free agency with that tension present. It's just not a great setup for either of us.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote