View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 02:36 PM   #1106
QuikSand
lolzcat

Cutdown to 53 - this is the big stage. My enthusiasm is waning a bit for non-FOF reasons, but I'll get through it and document at least some thinking.

-QB Alonzo is a pure affinity gimp, could click as a 3x high-pers backup with starts. We likely could make that work this year, if we feel we can swing the roster slot. Pending.

-At RB, it was supposed to be a battle. Liverwurst extended one more year, Bush won't get an offer. Bush was over 5 ypc last year AFTER a ratings dip, and he's a ST ace, hard to cut him. Ogbogu disappointed with a drop in camp/pre, and Barksdale didn't deliver the bump I had hoped for. So, maybe we just keep our two vets here? Hillhouse remain in play to get some carries if so. Ogbogu gets a free affinity this year, maybe that keeps him in the 53?

-WR Bensen faded, he's a cut, despite the 4th round chem freebie.

-OL is bare minimum, no cuts there. C Bosley will start at LG and may be the longish term answer there.

-DL Denby faded in camp, he's not a cut, but he won't be an impact player, more of a rotation DE/DT. Dammit.

-EDGE Kuklick was a guy I coveted, but now he's bubbled, just low-cohesion on a team that doesn't feel "there" and where we have other, younger guys to feed some pass rushing chances... I think he gets cut

-WR Holtz no longer has a RR edge on #18, so the notion of using him as a decoy is out the window, alas, with his $7m base salary

-Last cut comes down to QB3 Alonso vs. LB8 Thill. Thill slid in ratings a bit, and isn't great for chem, so he's the last one out, the Thill is gone.

And there it is. 53 and file is in. Not sold that we are a top-tier team, but if the passing game continues to evolve, we ought to be before long. Is Levine good enough? Ben didn't think he was. Hard to really hitch the wagon there.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote