View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 06:13 AM   #4741
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
That's irrelevant. The only thing that really matters in this incident are whether the actions taken by the McCloskeys are allowable under the law.

Speaking of which, Kimberly Gardner, St. Louis Circuit Attorney, is considering filing charges against the McCloskey couple, stating “I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protesters were met by guns and a violent assault.” Interestingly, Gardner wasn’t “alarmed” by how protestors had broken the law by trespassing on private property. She added that her office would use the full power of Missouri law to hold the McCloskey’s accountable.

I don’t know if Real Property Law was an elective or a required course at Ms. Gardner’s law school. If the latter, perhaps she ditched class or slept through it. Clearly she has no knowledge on the bundle of rights associated with private property ownership, the definition of “private streets”, “private sidewalks” or “trespass.”

Albert Watkins, the McCloskey’s attorney said “If Kimberly Gardner wants to press charges against two attorneys who are protecting their home and their family and themselves on their own property, I will tell you that it will be nothing short of the proverbial clusterf--- with the ensuing assertions that she's doing this for political purposes.”

I don't care whether they did something illegal or not. Just pointing out they are giant pieces of shit who like to start trouble. Article makes it clear what they are about.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote