View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #681
sabotai
General Manager

Stats from what will be my last run for awhile.

Forerunner: 1.95 miles, 30:11.39, 294 calories, 119bpm ave, 159bpm max (My HR chest strap got messed up for a bit because my HR was stuck at 139 for a good while. And then it was not recording my HR for a bit.)

Nike+: 1.91 miles, 30:14, 269 calories
Total: 5 runs, 9.58 miles, 2:33:25, 1346 calories

Work today was horrible because my knees hurt so damn much. Several months ago, when I was at 233-235, I tried Week 1 of C25K and was ok. Knees were bothered but not in pain. After the 3 runs of Week 2, my knees had enough.

Now that I'm running at 240+, "Week 0" was fine until I tried just 1 day of Week 1 and now my knees are getting worse even though I've gone back to 30 sec run with 60 sec walking. Either my knees are getting worse, which means I'm pretty much fucked no matter what I do, or my knees can't take 240+ pounds when running and I need to wait until I lose some weight before trying again.

Going to give it a few weeks, hopefully I'll be < 235 in 3-4 weeks and if my knees feel fine, I'll give it another try and just stick with "Week 0" until I lose a good deal of weight. If they are still bothering me, guess I'll be waiting until spring. Which may be a good thing. If I start running when I'm under 200, my knees may just be fine by then and I can do C25K for real. Whatever is up with my knees, they clearly can't take running right now. Sucks (mainly because I like running), but I've got other ways to work out.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote