Thread: Hattrick
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #107
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Interesting first full season. The other real team in my league had made a glaring error in one when he only fielded ten players and lost. That allowed me to catch up and go into first on goal differential going into the last game. I only needed a tie, and a 1-1 was what I got. I knew I would get a qualifier, but decided qualifier payout was worth getting at all costs, so MOTS'd that one and it was obviously needed. My qualifier opponent was able to PIC his game (against the relegated last season champ of my series, no less!) and even though I had a slight edge in possession, I went down 3-2.

So it is back to D VI again with the same lineup of one old, decent team and me. I've got three keeper trainees due to injuries, and the worst just went Solid, so he will be sold because he's 20. The youngest trainee is FORMIDABLE, 18 and the #2 is EXCELLENT and 19.

I'm sitting on 600k and should get ~150k for the Solid. I think I'll expand the stadium, and then look for an EXCELLENT forward to help my attack. My MF is already the best by a bit over my main competition, so I think attack is the way to go. My MF is Solid, EXCELLENT and FORMIDABLE, while I have only one Solid winger and one solid forward.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote