View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 12:34 AM   #525
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So I am behind and the Eagles just picked Smith.

So the cowboys missed out on the DB they wanted, so they trade out of the pick to a team in their division, who then takes a WR.

Fucking cowboys, lol.
Wait, I don't want to defend Jerruh, but I think this was a good move by them. Classic Jerruh would've drafted the flashy WR when you have Cooper, Gallup, etc, but picking up #84 while still being able to pick the top front 7 guy seems smart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Also surprised to see Owusu-Koramoah sliding so much.
I'm not shocked. He's super light, more of a Jamal Adams type box safety than a real LB. Which has its place for many teams in today's NFL, but is more of a specialized role than one every team wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Not sold on Jones. The WRs he was throwing to were selected ahead of him, and he is surrounded by all 5 star recruits

I think it more likely he busts and that cements the chicken of the egg comment with Brady and Belicheck.
We'll see on Jones. I kind of wanted Lance/Fields to fit the style of offense we've been moving towards, but if Jones is good he's good. No doubt the talent around him & the only 16 starts make it more projection, but Trey Lance had 16 starts & better talent, Joe Burrow had elite talent, Tua did, Baker Mayfield did, Justin Fields did, shoot even Trevor Lawrence did. Early in the draft process when he started getting mocked to the Patriots at #15 I wasn't 100% sold, but after a month+ of everyone talking about him going #3 it definitely feels like a win getting him without trading any extra picks.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote