View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 09:16 AM   #2398
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't know what the trickle down would be to lower wage earners, but the pay structure of executives in public companies has gotten out of control. It's one thing to compensate people for creating value (this is good and should be encouraged and highly compensated!), but it seems like CEO positions (and the people/friends they then hire for supporting positions in their companies) are more often just getting passed around to friends for the express purpose of giving them golden parachutes regardless of how well they do. It's the corporate CEO equivalent to the NBA/NFL retread hiring of the Kevin Loughery's/Jeff Fisher's of the world to tread water, get fired, and collect the best unemployment insurance in the world.

The issue is, of course, that we have no ability to do anything about it given our political/economic structure. And I'm not sure exactly what it would accomplish for the people at the bottom - that money would likely go elsewhere before it made it all the way to them.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote