View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #28
Umbrella
High School Varsity

The scripted event phase was not good for my faction. Most of the events are for flavor, and also provide/remove points from factions. For example, Radio City Music Hall opening gives points to who controls the governor of NY. From an interesting worldwide standpoint, Stalin has gained control in the USSR, Hitler has risen to power, burned the Reichstag, and is restricting rights of Jewish citizens in Germany. He is moving a bit faster than he did historically. Spain has deposed their king and become a republic.

The only scripted event needing a decision was the option to purchase Iceland to use as a military base. Hoover chose not to, which really hurt me as an expansionist faction. The other playtesters were unhappy as well, as we wanted to go ahistorical and see if Iceland would become a state.

As a result, I was the only faction who ended up losing points in this phase, dropping me to 2nd place in the Democratic party. In addition, moderate enthusiasm shift towards the Republicans. All in all, a bad phase for me.

The next phase will be the internal affairs phase. During this phase, the first thing that will happen is lingering effects. Meters will move based on long term legislation, strength of the cabinet, as well as certain events with lingering effects.

After that will come governor actions. Governors can try and implement state legislation. What they can propose depends on a ton of different variables, and their success depends on their governing skill. I only have three governors, and they are all pretty terrible, so I'm not expecting much luck.

The final step of the internal affairs phase is Supreme Court decisions. As of now, this is automated based on the ideologies of the justices, but there is discussion that in the computer game, there will be an option to let the players vote for their justices.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote