View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 03:34 PM   #2754
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
The Biden-FB tiff is interesting.

I don't know why Biden is being so aggressive vs FB. I get FB can do better but seems to me Biden will get more cooperation with behind the scenes vs directly confronting FB.

(If that's been tried already, didn't see it in the news).

Biden softens his statement and clarifies with below.

Quote:
... backed off his recent accusation that the company was directly responsible for "killing people" and suggested it was merely allowing misinformation to spread.

When CNN's Kaitlan Collins asked Biden about the comment, Biden said, "I meant precisely what I said. I'm glad you asked me that question."

"Facebook isn't killing people -- these 12 people are out there giving misinformation. Anyone listening to it is getting hurt by it. It's killing people. It's bad information," Biden said, appearing to cite data from the nonprofit Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH). A report published by the organization in March indicated that about a dozen people were super-spreaders of anti-vaccine misinformation.

"My hope is that Facebook, instead of taking it personally, that somehow I'm saying Facebook is killing people, that they would do something about the misinformation, the outrageous misinformation about the vaccine. That's what I meant,"
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote